Web Design Southampton
SO53 provide web design across Southampton
Famous for it's shipbuiding past, Southampton is the largest city in Hampshire and home to Premier League, Southampton Football Club who SO53 Director, Neil, has supported since he was 7, through the good times and the bad!
Some interesting (apparently) facts about Southampton...
- Archaeologists suggest the area has been inhabited since the stone age
- Anglo-Saxon's settled in what is now known as St Mary's naming their settlement Hamwic which later become Hamtun then Hampton
- In 1348, the Black Death reached British shores via merchant vessels that had stopped at Southampton
- Shipbuilding first became an important industry for the town during the Middle Ages. Henry V's famous warship HMS Grace Dieu was built there.
- The Titanic left the Port of Southampton on 10th April 1912, on it's fateful maiden voyage, never to return.
- The famous WWII aeroplane, the Spitfire, was designed and developed in Southampton
- Southampton currently has a population of around 250,000