Web Design Eastleigh
SO53 offer web design and hosting services to Eastleigh
Best known as a railway town and very close to where SO53 is based (Chandlers Ford), the Borough of Eastleigh has a prosperous economy with a vibrant business and commercial sector. Eastleigh benefits from major transport links including the M27, M3, Port of Southampton, a direct rail link to London (Waterloo Station) and is home to Southampton International Airport.
Some (interesting?) facts about Eastleigh...
- A Saxon village called 'East Leah' has been recorded as existing since 932 AD
- 'East' or 'Est' is thought to refer to it's location relative to Baddesley
- 'Leah' has an Anglo-Saxon meaning of 'a clearing in the forest'.
- The railway station, built in 1838, was originally known as Bishopstoke Junction
- Famous comedian, the late Benny Hill had lived and worked in Eastleigh. One of his jobs was as a milkman which later became an inspiration for the song 'Ernie, the fastest milkman in the west'.
- The world famous Spitfire aeroplane, built in Southampton, first flew from the Eastleigh aerodrome.
- In 2006, Eastleigh was ranked '9th best place to live in the UK' by a main stream television channel.