Web Design in Chandler's Ford
SO53 provide web design services to Chandler's Ford
Chandler's Ford is where SO53 is located and where Neil, the company's owner has lived all his live. Chandler's Ford has no recognised centre but has a large industrial estate and number of small shopping areas including Fryern Arcade and The Precinct.
Some (interesting?) facts about Chandler's Ford...
- In the late 16th and early 17th centuries the area was referred to as 'Charnells Foord'.
- Hiltonbury Farm, the house which is now the popular local public house 'Hiltonbury Farmhouse', first appeared on maps in 1588.
- Population in 1870 was 170, today it is 23,000+
- In 1847 the railway had a stop at Chandler's Ford and remained until the station closed in 1969, reopening again in 2003.
- In the 1870s one of the largest brickworks in England was established between the railway and Castle Lane. The brickworks produced the 35 million bricks used for the London Law Courts.
- In 1897 Chandler's Ford was made into a separate civil parish.
- In 1944, 10,000 troops were based in Hiltingbury woods and along Chandler's Ford roads for several months in preparation for the D-Day invasions of World War II.